Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Day 100 - Inventory

Today's the day!! Are you excited? There are exactly 100 days left in 2018. What are you going to do with them? What if you took these last 100 days and focused with great intention to improve your life and achieve the goals you most likely established at the first of the year?

The first thing I recommend is that you review what's happened in 2018 so far. Look back at your New Year's resolutions you set at the start of the year. Which are still unfinished? What prevented you from accomplishing those? Write down the lessons you've learned - what worked, what didn't work and why. Also, look at what you did accomplish. What pushed you to accomplish those goals? What support did you have to make it happen? What lessons/behaviors can you apply to other goals to replicate that success?

For the remainder of the year, set one or two end-of-the-year goals and make them a priority - do all you can to accomplish them. Don’t let fear or procrastination hold you back. Find whatever it is that keeps you motivated, committed to moving in the direction of accomplishment.

Take out your planner, open your Outlook Calendar, your Google Calendar, your phone calendar or whatever it is that you use and set a reminder that your deadline of December 31st for achieving your goals. I took out my planner, flipped to December and marked off the last 100 days.  I wrote 1 on December 31st and worked my way back to September until I hit 100. By noting them on my calendar, it'll help me with a visual countdown until my deadline.



I'm going to focus on these 4 areas:
  💹FINANCIAL
  🔬HEALTH
  📚ORGANIZATION
  💝SPIRITUAL

When choosing your goals, make sure it's a goal or goals that are truly meaningful to you.

First things first though! Take an inventory of exactly where you are. You have to know exactly where you currently stand to make a plan for how to get to where you want to be.

For example, for my financial and health goals, I spent a few hours yesterday devising a financial budget. I noted due dates, interest rates, account balances, etc. I used a program called Everydollar.


Today I went through the pantry and wrote out an inventory of everything in it along with the expiration dates and cleared out anything expired.  Now I just need to do the Fridge and Freezers along with the spices, etc.


Both of these items will help with my financial, health and organizational goals!  A triple whammy! Yay, for forward progress.

I'll provide updates on other items and will share ideas of lessons learned along the way. What baby steps can you take today to move you towards a strong finish to the year?

View these last days of 2018 as a gift - a second chance to dust off some of your goals and really focus on them. Don’t allow yourself to go on autopilot. Instead, choose to be intentional about making these last days count. When you’re overwhelmed and there are a million things to do, remember to focus on what really matters. Where can your actions make the greatest impact to your life?

Here's to #FinishingStrong in #100DaysToGreat





0 comments:

Post a Comment