Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 88: Gratitudes

Gratitudes
  • Being able to go straight home: For the first time in a long time, I didn't have to pick anyone up, go by a store, or do anything other than drive straight home from work.
  • Soup: Hot soup and breadsticks on a cold rainy day is just delicious.
  • Blankets: I have this super soft fluffy warm blanket that I probably paid too much for but it is a purchase that makes me smile when I get to curl up in it.
  • Concern of others: My sons are moving and my girls went to their dad's so technically I should have had the evening alone but one by one most of the kids had been by the house at some point. It is cute how they all get worried about me being alone and sometimes alone is exactly what I need.
  • Steve Jobs: Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, passed away today. He was such an inspiration so I'll leave you with this:
    “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment