Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 95: Gratitude

Today's Gratitudes:
  • Morning Laughter: Sierra is SOOO not a morning person. She was practically falling asleep until I started doing the "COFFEE!!!!" dance in the car on the way to school. Nothing like a giggling child to start off your day. She kept reaching over and touching me, "Looking for the off button." Hahaha
  • Discovering Helpful Books: I found a book today called "The Grief Recovery Handbook". This book is perfect. It deals with all losses in ones life and provides a path for recovery. Favorite quote so far, "Grief is about a broken heart, not a broken brain. All efforts to heal the heart with the head fails because the head is the wrong tool for the job. It's like trying to paint with a hammer - it only makes a mess."
  • Dinner Alone: It is rare that I get such but I spent my evening reading and having dinner out alone.
  • Proud Mom Moments: I got a notice from my eldest daughter's AVID teacher naming her the Junior Student of the Month for September. How awesome for her!!
  • Amazon's New Kindle Fire: Yep it is amazing and I pre-ordered myself one as a gift to ME!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment